I’ve been adjusting to being back at work full time. Last week was my first full week and by Friday afternoon, I really missed Henry. I’ve started going into work earlier and Brent waits for our nanny to arrive. Then I take a train to get home right at 5:30 so I can hang with Henry before his bedtime.
It’s been a little stressful because there are two convenient trains (an early or late) in the morning and only one in the afternoon, so I spend a lot of my time running through Union Station in Denver.
Friday I missed my train by about two seconds. I thought I was going to cry furiously pushing the “door open” button to no avail. I had to wait another 15 minutes for the next train which was 15 less minutes I got with my little monkey before his bedtime.
(Sweet Snuggles)Henry is probably doing the best with the transition. He goes to the park every day and enjoys the sunshine. I got him a sun hat because they have big plans of hikes and summer adventures.
(Not so sure about hats)
Overall I’d say it’s pretty tough. Everything is always a rush and my heart hurts for Henry a lot. I’ve found myself taking a lot more pictures with the big camera since I feel like I’m missing more and I want to remember as much as I can. He’s so little and full of wonder right now.
(Oh Heyyyyy)
I currently give the ‘Working Mom’ thing a C+. The pros include eating warm lunches and talking to adults but my job lacks playing airplane and throaty laughs that lead to hiccups. I’m going to keep at it and really give it a valid try since I worked so hard in my career. I hope that we all get into a routine and it feels a little more natural for everyone!



You are an A+ mommy!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Top of the class once again!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is tough, worse at the beginning for certain. You are a fantastic mom and Henry is a lucky boy! (as is Brent)
ReplyDelete