Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ugh marketing

Crate and Barrel has me right where they want me. I know. It's my job to do this to others. They have me clicking their adds, believing I need another chip and dip (I have 2), and actually clicking the "download to see pictures" button on the email. See even google is trying to help me out. They even follow me around the web posting ads (no really- it's a targeting technique using cookies and tracking sites you come from with little things called satellites). Advertising is so scientific now. Don't tell me you think you get that coupon just because it's Tuesday! There messing with ya!



But why yes Crate & Barrel, I am happy it's spring. I have been complaining about snow since October. How did you know? Oh because I look at movies in the 80021 zip code. You are so smart!

Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I got the catalog yesterday in the mail and marked several pages of things "I just have to have!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked on me too! I got the catalog at school today for some reason and found all sorts of things that I needed! :) Allie, maybe you should go into marketing for Crate and Barrel, wouldn't that be fun??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have resigned myself to not even opening advertisement emails. I get about 10 per day from different companies with BIG SALES! But they have a BIG SALE every other day so I figure that to save my wallet I had better just go to their website whenever I am actually in need of the awesome little do-dads that they sell. Which reminds me, I need hand soap so I should start opening my Bath and Bodyworks emails to figure out when those lotion-y hand soaps go on sale...

    ReplyDelete