Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's been going on?

So I have been a big slacker lately but here's a photo recap of our lives for the past 14 days:

I sewed placemats and dishtowels as my first sewing project:



With the dishtowels:


And what I saw most of the time I was sewing:



Matthew does not like this new electronic kitty (what we call anything he gets jealous of like laptops, phones, etc.) This one creates lots of strings to torture him.

Brent is finishing up school and spring softball season. The guys aren't terribly good but it's still fun. This week we are trying to organize a little tailgating before. The fields last week:



I have been busy at work with several events coming soon. No pics on that one!

Sunday we went on a hike in Chautauqua and forgot the camera AND my phone died so we will have to hike the Royal Arch trail again!

Lastly, this morning at 5:57am the fire alarm went off in our complex. I was asleep with Mattie but Brent was awake already studying. Mattie jumped under the bed- a reasonable response since it was sooo loud. Brent had to pull him out and I held him out on the porch. He was so frightened he just burried his head in my sweatshirt. Poor guy. It was a false alarm (hence not getting off the porch). Mattie got lots of good boys and nip and treats for cooperating. Here he is a few days ago playing with his favorite string:













Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. So glad to know that you three are still alive! Dad and I are enjoying San Diego. I could get used to this life . . . morning jog along the harbor, book by the pool all afternoon, tennis in the evening, and yummy food! Dad met Ben this morning! Too bad it's back to reality on Thursday!
    Love you!
    PS - placemats and dish towels are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are back to blogging! I've missed your blogging so much! Glad to know the fire alarm was just a false alarm! Your sewing projects are cute - maybe you could open an etsy shop as a side business... Cinny and Suggie want me to tell you hello and that they miss you! They are counting the days until you come home in May! We all miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you Martha! They look great and Mattie is adorable as always. MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete