On my last post, the picture didnt work and the iphone app didnt even post the entry before that so I am back to good ole fashion computers. I still need to upload the Moab photos but I will give a little written update on what's up for now by running through the major categories of our life (in no particular order):
Marriage
Brent and my anniversary is coming up. I'm not sure what we are doing. I have all these great ideas of paper gifts to give him (this is clearly the easiest year because when I have to give him something made out of fruit and flowers (year4) I'm SOL... although, I am really looking forward to years 55-75 where all it says is "diamonds" for each year!! I wanted to do something fun that would remind us of the wedding since we didnt save the cake, and can't afford Mexico (oh how I miss you Barcelo), but I'm drawing a blank. I want to start a tradition that could be fun to do every year but I have no ideas. Must keep thinking. Open to suggestions.

Cat
Matthew got a pet sitter while we were away and though he didnt get a report card this time, he is still doing quite well. He is vocal about wanting to play with pink string (his new favorite toy which happens to be the result of the awful, annoying dryer pulling the string out of my yoga pants and me never threading it back through). He is also getting ready for some bachelor time with Brent. I think he is going to enjoy it because I have him on a diet and he's not pleased in the mornings but I can sleep through it.


(above is Mattie sleeping right in the middle of my laundry piles)
Family
I missed a Mother's Day post on here because we were in Moab aka the land of no cell service. Happy Mother's Day to our great Moms! We love you very much!

I go home on FRIDAY for the first time since last July. I can't wait to see the family and the pups! I have already requested Chuy's for dinner at least once (who are we kidding, I might eat various mexican every meal). I am coordinating work's presence at the Byron Nelson so I will also be watching golf. Too bad I have no idea how golf even works. At least it's an excuse to go home!

Exercise
Well Brent and I were super ambitious and were training quite well for the Boulder Bolder. Then it kept snowing in March, April, and May and it made it difficult to run for around an hour on a treadmill (especially the crappy ones at our apartment complex). So we maxed out at 52 minutes and decided to save our money, be lazy on Memorial Day, grill out and consider running it next year (when maybe we are members of a gym). Though we failed at this exercise endeavor, we are still planning on hiking Long's Peak in July with my dad. This requires WAY more training which we promptly need to get started with. We did pretty well on our 7.5 mile hike in Moab but that was lower elevation than we are use to (and relatively flat compared to RMNP).

Outdoors/Hobby
This category goes with the above a bit. We are slowly acquiring the things we need to fill our "Colorado Closet." I have determined that we TOTALLY should have registered for this stuff because who knew you need a headlamp? REI registry does. We forgot flashlights camping. Rookie mistake. We must continue to fill our camping/hiking Rubbermaids with as much success as we did the skiing ones.
I havent found another sewing project. I really want one and I oogle things online all the time but I just havent found a weekend to sit down and make something. Plus, my place mats are pretty festive for the time being! Yesterday I realized, though I have a whole sewing machine that could literally sew a robot, I dont own any lose needles to fix the button that fell off Brent's pants. Maybe my visions of crafting grandeur need to be downsized to practical applications for a bit!
School/Work
Brent is done with his 1L year!!! Hooray!!! He has this week off and will start his internship with a Federal Magistrate Judge in Denver next week! I'm working all the time but will hopefully get a little break from the demanding schedule at the end of may (maybe just being optimistic).
Snow
Yep. Snowing again today. Beginning to think that July/August are the only two months that it's nice to live here. Everyone keeps saying this "isn't normal" but I think they just say that so people dont move to Arizona or Utah to escape.
From Today:

Shoes
The last critical category. I had been waiting to get another pair of ShoeDazzles until spring since I thought they would be fun and colorful. I have a few ideas but havent placed my order yet! I will update soon!
Pictures
Along with the Moab pictures, I also need to post our Easter family photo (with the usual cat trying to claw the crap out of us special feature) and some other fun stuff going on!
WE CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO BE HERE! COUNTING THE HOURS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Way to go Brent . . . we are so proud of you!
ReplyDeletegood updates! Miss you so much!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are doing well. Congrats Brent on finishing the 1L year! Have fun with your internship. Allison, have fun in TX! Hopefully it won't snow on you there ;)!
ReplyDelete