I wish I could say the rest of the summer after we found out about the baby was smooth sailing. I love summer for the long days, great weather, and fun weekends. We had to slow down this summer because pregnancy wasn’t easy. There were lots of moments where we were worried if our gummy bear would stay put. I started writing down my thoughts but most of them are sad now looking back and reading. I’ll post them anyway because this is our journal, but some good parts of summer happened:
My favorite week of the year came mid-June. I love the week that every rose bush in the neighborhood blooms. It’s an explosion of color and walking around is so beautiful. Mattie and Brent watched the world go by and enjoyed our cooler June.
I tried to get outside during lunches since smelling other people’s food wasn’t too appealing! I also had to go to San Diego for work where I enjoyed a less-than-stellar well done steak because I didnt know what I could and couldn’t eat yet.
Brent and Landon kept up some summer fun!On June 20th we finally got to go to the doctor. The baby was just 8 weeks old. That’s where the gummy bear photo came from. It was so hard to believe. I cried, of course, and will not forget holding Brent’s hand wondering if it was all real. It was!
We snuggled Mattie a lot while watching an excessive amount of movies to finish out the month.











No comments:
Post a Comment