Truthfully, you will likely never be perfect. Your momma is stubborn and your daddy sings the same song for four days in a row. No one is perfect. But I do hope you are whole. That you have a kind spirit and that you can love. If you have 9 fingers or a fold in your neck, you can still be whole.
I always wonder about you beyond your parts. There's no ultrasound for the good stuff. What will you sound like? Where will your little feet go? Who will your friends be?
I've been reserved. I wanted to know you're real, and here to stay. Tomorrow is scary because we will see our fourth family member's face. It confirms your little feet will have adventures and your little heart will have friends. Tonight is equal parts exciting and terrifying, and certainly full of insomnia-enducing thoughts. I want so many things for you tonight, tomorrow, and in your upcoming years!
No comments:
Post a Comment