Were both very excited for his pending arrival. I've been packing a bag and went to swim/float today at the gym to take some of the pressure off.
Brent often reads to Henry at night so he's familiar with his voice too. We received loads of books for Christmas so I've made him start reading those vs the John Q. Adams bio he is personally reading. I'm going to nominate him as a children's book critic. He's less than impressed with the "milking of one clever concept" in the spinoffs of If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, and much prefers the Llama Llama series. He's a fan of the "very relatable" Very Hungry Catapiller and thinks Splat the Cat hits a little close to home! I'm pretty sure in a month I'm going to go into Henry's room to find the little guy sound asleep listening to how Adams made a deal to become president despite losing the popular vote. Hopefully Brent's books will have the same effect on the baby as they do on me!
We are counting the days! Take care of yourself this month and get lots of rest. Henry is going to be one educated kid if his Daddy reads to him every night!
ReplyDeleteI've been catching up on your blog. In so excited for you guys. Mr Henry is one loved little guy!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see all the posts - very excited to meet Mr Henry!
ReplyDelete