Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wed a Widmyer

Henry took his first trip to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for Ben and Lindsey's wedding!

I packed everything and the kitchen sink for about a week leading up to the wedding. Thank goodness for free bags on Southwest!

We left on a Thursday at about noon. We both laughed as we were rushed to get lunch that it took us about 3 hours to get everything parked, checked, fed, cleaned, etc! A bit different than my usual run up to the gate approach!


Henry was a good boy on the flight out! He ate, slept, and only woke once. An airplane is an excellent white noise machine!
(I cut me out of the photo. I was open-mouth sleeping haha)

That evening was the rehearsal/dinner. Henry had already gone through about four of his packed outfits (maybe a nervous tummy) and proceeded to throw up for the first time. I think o had overfed him to try to keep him quiet. I was already dressed and we were at the Widmyer's house, so I made the little guy spit up right on his outfit since it was the best option. Parenting win right there. He was crying and so after changing him, we were late. Actually just typical Henry+Allison time. Brent was already there and H slept in his wrap through the whole dinner. We then remembered how noisy of a sleeper little Henry is. He was in our room, which I liked, but did hear his little grunts all night!

The wedding was on Friday so most of the day Brent was with the wedding party. We met the guys for lunch at the resort and just relaxed. It was beautiful!  We stayed at the resort the night of the wedding since I needed to jump out to pump occasionally and H needed some quiet napping space. 

The view out of our room:

Keeping warm in the crisp Northwestair!

Henry and I got ready and he was looking mighty fresh
I got him a little milk drunk (it was a Wofford wedding after all), and off we went!
The wedding was at six, Henry's bedtime in Denver (7), so I wrapped him up and he slept through the whole ceremony. He stirred when everyone cheered for the bride and groom and I breathed a big sigh of relief! 

The wedding was so beautiful. It was in a big glass room overlooking the lake! I didn't take any shots during the ceremony, but I'm so glad we were all there to see Ben and Lindsey get married!

After we took some pics:

My handsome gentlemen
Someone up past his bedtime:
Wait Henry, just a few more!
Not feeling it:
AND DONE!

He fell asleep in the car on the way back to the reception. After a little stroller pushing, he went down for the night and slept right through the dancing and festivities. He hung by the dance floor in his seat, listening to his white noise while I alternated between dancing and checking on him.  We headed up to the room at 10:30 and Brent represented the Owens for the rest of the evening! I was so glad we got to enjoy the reception and Henry had no idea that he had participated in the whole thing!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast. Love the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see the bow tie it makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful pictures!! Proud of Henry for being such a good traveler!

    ReplyDelete