Monday, July 20, 2009

The Culprit

A picture of the little guy:

Brent and I have decided that by taking a cat with us we were inadvertently taking an infant! Every night- about 4am- little cat wakes me up with his kneading (really intense kneading) and wants about 30-45min of pets. Last night it was going on an hour of our routine: me petting him (he was laying on my chest), then I fall asleep, then he kneads me, wakes me up, and I pet him again, etc. Finally I got up to get him some new water in our room and Brent gave him some more food and he was happy as a clam! The trick is... he wasn't even out of food! There was tons left in the bowl but he wanted new nuggets! So Brent and I are exhausted and Mattie is quite pleased this morning. Oh crazy Matt Cat! I guess I will have to give him a fresh snack before bed from now on!

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up! The joys of cat motherhood! Why don't you just shut your bedroom door and then he can't jump in bed with you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so easy- He will scratch at the door (no claws but still pathedic and sad) so it's annoying too! Plus he really likes us and sometimes it's cute!

    ReplyDelete