Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Moving Highlights


Hi all- The move is complete (well mostly!) We have all of our stuff in the apartment and it's pretty much organized thanks largely to my Mom and Sister's skills. I will post pics soon of the new place! Sorry for the lack of entries/pictures- we are still missing the camera cord but I will try to give a basic synopsis of the travel/move:
The car ride was pretty good until the garmond took us to Oklahoma... not New Mexico. We still found our way but we drove on some pretty podunk roads for a while and only saw about three towns (towns being used very loosely) until we got to Denver! The cat was terrified and never even though of coming out of the carrier until we were about thirty minutes from Broomfield. Then he wanted to just douse me in cat hair!

When we got there (incredibly early- 11:30 since we woke up at 5am and drove from Amarillo) they were having a bit of trouble and getting our keys took about 1.5 hrs and Brent's use of legal terms he has already learned. Thanks to "Promissory Estoppel," I get to park my car in the garage! haha!

We move into the place but by move I mean let ourselves in and fall asleep on the floor since the truck was a few hours behind. When we wake up (only like ten minutes) the cat is MISSING. It doesn't take terribly long to check the apartment since it's EMPTY. We start freaking out because I deemed myself unworthy of keeping a cat alive for more than ten minutes in my own home. I finally find little Mattie ten minutes later under the cabinets. There was a hole in the baseboard (now getting fixed right away) and he had snuck under it. Will post a pic of the little Houdini later.

Later that night Brent and I realized that maybe everyone wasn't lying. We are going to FREEZE! It's JULY and we had to put on light coats. The weather is great and Brent even said he feels like he is "cheating" by not having to suffer through the summer.

On Saturday, we unloaded the truck in less than an hour (MUCH faster than the initial load) and spent most of Saturday and Sunday getting everything set.

The cable/internet people didn't show up so we are still not connected to the world. They SHOULD come Wednesday but we will see!

Now we are up in Estes Park with my family for a few days enjoying the beautiful scenery. Yesterday we went on a LONG but pretty hike to Black Lake in the national park. Brent took a ton of pics so they will be up soon too!
More updates tomorrow (with pics) when we hopefully have internet at our apartment!
For now you are stuck with the only picture I have on Dad's computer (taken from his iphone) of the empty Budget truck with a great backdrop after the long journey! (above)


No comments:

Post a Comment