Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Easter- yep that was quite a few months ago


After downloading all the pics from the past few months, I thought I would post a few different holidays I slacked on. While looking through the Easter photos, I realized that almost every "family" holiday, we have the same photo adventures.

First it begins with me setting the camera up, trying to remember how to work the timer, and inevitably taking a picture of Brent before we are ready:


Then for some reason I always make Brent stick his arm out as if I couldn't judge if I would fit in the picture without the arm placement. I also take a picture of this because I am still playing with the timer.

Next comes the scheduled Mattie wrestle. As you see above, Mattie begins to get curious then gets lulled in (below) with any treat, toy, pets we can offer. He begins to think this might be fun until...
Brent holds him like this. Then I say "Don't hold him like that- he looks fat" and Brent replies, "He is fat. There isnt a good angle to make our cat look anything but big boned (ok so he says fat again but I feel bad for Mattie and run to rescue him)."
Then Brent usually kisses Mattie or does something because I make him feel bad for calling the cat fat. All the while, Mattie's back claws are coming out to play.
Mattie decides not to cooperate and since we are already a good 10 minutes into the picture taking process, Brent convinces me leave him out of the picture. I jump in only to review the picture and grill Brent on why he let me go to: dinner/church/friends with such blotchy makeup/short dress/bubbly dress that isnt flattering. He doesnt know what most of this is (especially the empire waist) but continues to be a good sport and takes more where I try numerous other angles to find a flattering one (and no, he is much nicer than when we try to get Mattie's angles). Mattie meanwhile, has decided the string on the camera is the most interesting part of the process.

We decide balancing the camera on a book/the couch/a chair/anything Mattie can reach isn't a good idea and do the ole arm reach
Then I decide I look possessed and we go back to the timer. Meanwhile, I nominate Brent for Most Patient Husband of the Year

This one always turns out well but then I feel bad and think the whole family should be in the photo. Usually at this point, Brent gets a hole in his shirt or a run in his tie because I want angry Mattie in my picture
Finally I take my little cat and we get a fairly decent photo of the family. Happy Easter (45 minutes later)!

I promise I have the exact same photos from Christmas and will probably have them for July 4th. Good to know we are consistent!

Proof:

4 comments:

  1. Just wait until you throw kids and pets in the picture! Your 45 minutes will turn into hours of trying to get one good shot of everyone!

    Love you - thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha that's awesome. Just wait until you're PREGNANT. Then hunt for the perfect angle is really on. I can't tell you how many pictures (thousands, I'm sure) I've had Jim retake of me because I don't look exactly the right amount of pregnant. I'm either not turned right, or my hands are in the wrong place, or I'm making a funny face, or I look fat (which is ironic because I'm actually trying to show off my belly which is, well, kinda fat).... it goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! I'm glad you got Mattie in the picture we wouldn't want to miss out on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are all adorable!!! I feel like I was there. The last one is the money shot though - too bad no one sends Easter cards. Yall are the best looking family in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete