Monday, January 12, 2015

Adjustments

While Brent and I have been prepping quite a bit for Henry’s arrival, there’s one family member who has been struggling.  Brent and I have been making tons of freezer meals, I’ve been nesting and cleaning, and we are all packed and ready to go to the hospital.  I wouldn’t say we are “ready” for such a major life change, but we’ve been prepping for it as much as we can.  

Someone who isn’t adjusting well: 

He’s gotten more peculiar as we get closer to the due date.  For a while he was obsessed with Brent and wanted to be near him all the time.  That made sense because he couldn’t sit in my lap comfortably.  In the last few days he’s become deeply obsessed with his frowny toast.  It’s literally a toast that is embroidered with a frown that I got him as part of a breakfast set for Christmas.  We still have the bacon, but the egg has disappeared.  He enjoys playing at night upstairs with Frowny Toast and carries it around with him.  He’s also become VERY upset if he doesn’t have a glass of water sitting on the coffee table.  He has his always-filled bowl and I’ve tried setting a glass for him on the floor, but he will sit on the glass top table and cry until I get him a water up there.  At first I thought I should put my foot down and not let him up there (I find cats on tables gross) but then I decided to pick my battles.  At least he’s not on the dining room table or kitchen counters where we prepare food.  He’s almost inconsolable when the water isn’t there.  Very odd.  His third thing that’s different is he now REALLY wants to lay on me.  He will gingerly step on my legs then my chest so he doesn’t get pushed away for stepping on the baby.  But when he lays down, he hydroplanes because my belly is so big.  He must be so uncomfortable but he forces it anyway.


He’s always been my babykitty and I cant decide if having Henry will make him happy or annoyed.  Happy since he will have more visitors, me at home WAY more and the house will have to be kept hotter/colder depending on the season.  Annoyed might be heavily influenced by the crying disrupting his nap schedule.  We will see.  Poor little munchkin.  Life is changing!

1 comment: