Thursday, January 29, 2015

Henry's Due Date

Was Tuesday, 1/27. I remember thinking it was so far away when they told us back in June. Half a year later, we had prepped his room, gone to classes, and been as "ready" as possible for the biggest change of our lives. 

I mentioned it was his due date in passing on Tuesday but life already felt so different that the date was insignificant. Almost as if you planned a wedding, talked about it for months, then pulled an audible and got married a week earlier. No need for your old venue. You are already on the honeymoon. 

Tuesday we had Henry's first little adventure. We walked to Starbucks and he had his first BoB ride. He stayed under the blanket and outside with me while Daddy got coffee. The weather was fantastic and it was nice to move but was a little too exhausting for me. It's hard to remember it will take a while to recover from labor even if I could move easily in the days before. 

Little Henry is changing every day and after six, he seems to be fitting into our family well. His older brother is still quite unsure but we know Henry will win him over eventually. 

Sailor Henry!
Watchful brother
Silly boy making faces!
Tuckered out from not being born today!

3 comments:

  1. He's such a cute little guy!
    That exhaustion does take you by surprise, though! Lily came 5 weeks early, and was tiny, so we needed a few preemie outfits, and we didn't even have diapers or anything. So I think it was the day after she was born, we ran by Walmart to grab such items. It was like a 10 minute stop, but I told Jim that we HAD to go home NOW. I was surprised by how exhausting it was! But you'll bounce back quickly! Just rest up and enjoy this time snuggling your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited that Henry is here! Love watching him change each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of the cutest boys I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete