Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Capitol Peak

I hiked Capitol Peak Monday and Tuesday of this week. Allison had to start work, but I had one week left to play. I went with a friend named Jacob who I had met the night before. We hiked the first six miles Monday afternoon after a long drive. After a long night without much sleep we set off on the last two miles. The last two miles took four hours to summit and required a good amount of technical climbing. This all seemed like a good idea at the time. Looking at the pictures...maybe not.

Matt's report card gave me the motivation for the last quarter mile.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jacobdurling/CapitolPeak?feat=directlink#

Look close Brent is in the pic hanging off the mountain!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are unbelievable! What a way to make a new friend . . . risk your life! Mike's already decided that you need a good sleeping bag for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the link to the pictures....will you post it again or e-mail it to me?

    ReplyDelete