Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cat Nips

So I might have to rename the blog Matt's Memories but here's a funny bit of entertainment for your evening. So I'm picky with my food. I dont like corn on the cob or bananas but I do like cornbread and banana bread... yeah so Brent is just getting use to my eating habits. Enter Matt Cat. Now baby kitty also has become picky. It's not that he wants more food or that he wants treats (ok so both of those are true but they aren't the real issue), it's that he only likes whole nuggets. We give him his food (and plenty- the cat is NOT starving that's for sure) and he eats but bites the nuggets in half. After a nugget has been touched, it is poison. It may not be touched again. In fact since it has been touched, it requires Matt to let us know by whining. So just imagine when his whole bowl is full of halves.

So as a bad cat disciplinarian, I give in and give him new nuggets. I figure I can just dump the halves back in the big bag, he will not notice, and will eat them next time.

Most disappointing lesson of the month: I am not smarter than the cat.

Now we are down to about 80% bits and 20% nuggets and he just cries 95% of the time and since I'm a pushover, I'm going to buy him more whole nuggets. Doesn't Matt know there are cats in China that would love those half nuggets?

Here's a pic of Matt and the halves- You can see the disgust on his face:

4 comments:

  1. Matt cat is a manipulator! Before long he is going to have you feeding him canned food from a silver spoon! Guess you better send all the halves to the cats in China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I wondered who always bit the food in half and left it behind! That doesn't happen anymore at my house!
    Isn't he CUTE!!
    Love you two
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That made my day. You should write articles for Cat Fancy magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinkin' funny! I cracked up when I read this! Thanks for the laugh! Mattie has y'all (YOU!) wrapped around his little paw! Miss you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete