Saturday, September 12, 2009

We're Ready!

Apparently Labor day here in Colorado isn't synonymous with grilling, swimming, and good old picnics. It signals the start of ski season here! No the slopes aren't open, and no it hasn't even snowed yet, but everyone here goes nuts at HUGE ski gear sales. Last weekend we went to Ski Rex and I got my hiking boots (left over from their summer stock) and a ski jacket at a big discount. This weekend we went to Sniagrab (bargain spelled backwards) at Sports Authority in Boulder. They had rented out an old TJ Maxx and it was filled with ski gear! Brent got a jacket, pants, and gloves and I got pants and gloves. Brent looks pretty snazzy because I easily found pants that match his jacket since apparently most guys don't bring their stylists to the ski sale. I started looking for a match for my red and white jacket and only found black pants. I guess women are more concerned with looking great on the slopes and they beat me to the white pants. Looks like Brent will be the snazzy dresser come winter! We just need to find Mattie a little winter outfit and we will be picture perfect... yeah right!

2 comments:

  1. Now the BIG thing - Brent has to learn to ski and you have to see if your knee will cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like all you need now is the snow!! Is it getting colder there? Its still hot here! Are y'all going to get annual ski passes? I'm SO JEALOUS y'all are so close to the slopes! I'd be skiing every weekend if I lived in Colorado. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete