We hiked Mount Bierstadt and encountered rain, snow, dogs, a group out of Alice in Wonderland, and kegstands on top of the mountain. Yep, I wrote KEGSTANDS. The Alice group had packed up a keg to the top and were sharing beer with everyone! Brent and Jake did kegstands of flat Coors Light while Caitlin and I huddled against the rocks trying to keep warm!
We thought the weather would be great. It has been about 88 this week so it should be nice up in the mountains for the hike. We were wrong. It was a bit chilly and ended up raining much earlier than usual (about 11am instead of 2pm). Overall it was a great hike with a pretty smooth path. I felt like my lungs were going to explode several times and I have a long date with the bathtub tonight, but it was cool to experience a 14er with Brent and Jake and Caitlin!
Check out the photos of our Labor Day Laborious Climb:
The link if you want to see them bigger AND to watch the videos:
![]() |
| Mount Bierstadt |
videos are the last two images in the album, click to watch

On my day off I worked at school . . . on your day off you hiked a 14er! You are now a member of Dad's club!! Bet you will feel it tomorrow. Way to go Allie!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are awesome! Those people at the top sure do look like they are straight out of Alice and Wonderland! Your Labor Day holiday was much more productive than mine. Friday night I slept close to 12 hours and then on Saturday I napped for about 3 hours. Today I'm doing laundry, dishes, and school stuff. I'm jealous of all your adventures! Love you!!
ReplyDelete