Thursday, March 4, 2010

Airport delays near public transportation leads to

Quick mid-day adventures! I was so stir crazy after waiting in the checking line for 35 minutes for them to print my pass and take my bag that I decided to get some fresh air. Since we were supposed to board at 1 and it's now 4:30 and we still haven't left, it seems like I could have seen more!

I hopped on the metro and went into DC to get a quick glimpse of the sites. It wasn't near as beautiful as last year during the cherry blossom festival bit still a fun hour that I didn't sit inside! Here is my photo tour:

Outside if the metro stop headed for the White House. Ten points if anyone can id the stop!



What I saw mist on my adventure



But there was some cool stuff like this



And this



And well this



But who can resist the best part of the downtown of a big city?

Not me!



It was a good lunch and a nice break from the delays. We are now five hours delayed. I think the best perk of being president is not flying commercial! Adios DC. You were fun for the 43 minutes i was in the city.

Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. There was a shooting outside the pentagon Metro station... but I wonder why that would delay planes.

    ReplyDelete