Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waiting

So I'm sitting in the hotel lobby waiting to go to the airport since Frontier makes you pay if you want to go standby. I have decided that I want a job where my business card can look like this:


I mean simply the fact that the corners are rounded makes it seem so fun, lively, and not well, square (if I could borrow the term from 1970). I read about all of these super creative women who are interior designers, decorators, party planners, and even * SAHM who throw crazy beautiful parties and I think, I would like to be them. How come no one writes a blog called "My Cubical Life'? Probably because it's so boring no one would read it. Summary of posts: go to work, do boring stuff in front of computer, have meetings and conference calls over more boring stuff, sit in beige box, go home play with cat and hang with husband. I believe I might have just summarized my blog. (No wonder readership is correlated to sharing genetics)

People (I) like reading about interesting, fun, exciting jobs they make into tv shows on TLC and HGTV. Maybe eventually I can have a business card with rounded corners. Until then, I must get on a plane to drive home and go back to my cube tomorrow.

*word "just" removed because Alyson has a very good point and after reading some of her posts on dressing Lily without waking her and other amazing things, I should have used the word "magical" before SAHMs!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there . . . some day you will have rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. even JUST sahm? JUST???? Ok, well I have no room to be offended because I am NOT one of those SAHM that moonlights as Martha Stewart. I'm lucky if I get my floors swept once a year. I think I need a SAHM business card with rounded corners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edited per your comment! The craziest part is lots of these SAHMs do have cards. They said "Alyson Klein, Mom to Lily and Grace" and they pass them out for play dates. Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, magical, I like that much better! Now I totally want SAHM business cards. Mostly to be annoying and ironic. But also because they can look HOWEVER I want them to look!

    ReplyDelete