Sunday, March 21, 2010

Food revolution

So I went to watch Brothers and Sisters tonight and it wasn't on. I was mildly annoyed for two minutes until I saw it was Jaime Oliver! I saw a couple of his documentaries on TLC a while back and really like his premise. He is trying to start a food revolution and is beginning in West Virginia. He was pretty successful in parts of England so we will see how he does in the states!

Now many of you know I love corndogs, chips, cheese, and numerous other food that is classified as junk, but I think what he's doing on schools is awesome. There are huge economies of scale that make fresh food financially viable for large groups. I always end up throwing away five cuties every week because we didnt get to them. There are currently old strawberries and asparagus in the fridge (yep I'm pathedic and frightened by old food. I need Brent to come home so he can touch it long enough to get it in the trash. That's right, I just admitted I am that weak.) I totally wish I could go to Jaime's store, tell him I hate salad, and ask him for a solution.

I'm curious to see if his revolution takes on and if some of the crazy regulations (pizza counts as a veggie because of tomato) will change nation wide. Even I know sauce doesn't count!

Did anyone else watch this show?


- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments: