So I dont have much to write about. We have just been working and going to school. I figured I would post a nice random collection of thoughts:
1. Is anyone else 99.99% sure that Dancing with the Stars is rigged? Kate Gosslin almost had me on her team when John took up with that 21 year old and was always annoyed at having to be with his kids. I felt bad for her and thought maybe she was only that retched because it was a two way street. Um, except she is acting like a diva on DWTS and she's not good at all. It's shocking how bad she is. Like Cloris Leachman was better than her. Yet she moves on to another week. I think Pamela is hilarious, I like Chad 85, and Neesey has great one liners. Jake can go and his spray tan is even worse than while on the bachelor. Wonder if they will let him wear a mock turtleneck on this show too?
2. How is it possible that it's only Wednesday? I feel like it's taking forever for this week to go by.
3. We are still training for the Boulder Bolder. Yesterday I ran for 37 minutes with out stopping. Ok so running might be a really generous term for what I was doing but I wasn't walking and I felt like my lungs were going to explode so it qualifies as running to me. Also for your mental visual pleasure. Picture me having trouble breathing, kind of dragging my right leg behind, going uphill (which in CO really means something) against the wind, and just telling myself to keep moving even if it does feel like I'm running backwards all the while Brent is running, jumping on benches, off curbs, sprinting then walking back to me, etc. I pretty much think it's strikingly unfair that the altitude is only painful to me but oh well.
4. Friday is Law School Prom. Well not really, it's the Barrister Ball but basically it's prom for law school students. And for most of you thinking it- nope I dont have a dress yet. I was thinking: oh ok I have so many I will just pick one since no one has "seen" any before. Problem: Sweethearts events were either December or May. Both dresses for those occasions are either too: Holiday or too Summer (it might snow). Dresses from showers are too demure. Dresses from going out in Austin are too short for something called a ball. So I decide maybe my black and white BCBG standard old friend will do. I try it on (and gasp it fits- winter when it's cold is death to your figure) but I literally can not discern my skin from the top of the dress. I know its been 153 days since it was over 60 degrees but MAN I'm pale. The dress is WHITE and it's bad. Additional problem: people in Colorado dont appreciate a spray tan like they do in Dallas. I chalk it up to them actually having reasons to get natural sun (another random thought: the sunsets have been beautiful here but I have not seen them much. It's enough to focus on making my legs work much less to be able to make my eyes work too. One thing at a time.) So it looks as though I'm headed to the mall to find a modest, slightly spring, dress that works with closed toed shoes (who wants their toes in snow?), that has color, and cost $15. This might be hard.
Back to the prom: It seems a lot like Black and Gold only with people who might consider Birkenstocks appropriate footwear for this occasion. Ok I'm being mean, but Joe did say he will bring his hemp jeans for the occasion. Which brings me to...
5. Joe is coming to visit on Friday. I love his free perks because it means we still get to see him a lot! He is going to go to the prom with us which should be fun!
You ran 36.5 more minutes than I could have! Dad use to run ahead of me and then turn around and run backwards beside me. Needless to say we were NOT running partners for long! I can't wait to see your $15.00 colorful dress!
ReplyDeletePost dress pics, please! Have fun and leave room for Jesus while dancing.
ReplyDeleteI like these random posts! :) Yes, Kate should be voted off of DWTS! Did you see how her pro walked out on her? Such a train wreck! Hope you have fun at Law School Prom this weekend! Can't wait to see the pics! Did you hit up Forever 21 for a dress? Also, how about a post on skiing at Copper? Did y'all like it better than WP, the same? Going to ski any more this season? Congrats on the long run! 37 minutes at your elevation is at least an hour here in Texas! Love you! P.S. - Hi Mattie!
ReplyDelete