B starts an internship tomorrow and needed a bag. We walked all around the mall looking for one and finally found a nice brown one. We were both in different cars since we met there after work/school. As we pulled into the apartment everyone was outside and the fire alarm was going off. I could hear the sirens coming so I didn't follow Brent but went around back, threw the car in park, and ran into the building (no flames or anything). The people were like "um lady" but I flew in and got into the apartment figuring Mattie boy was so scared. I called him and he came to me right away. I tried for two seconds to put him in his box then just left carrying him with one arm and locking the door. I knew it was probably a false alarm but I still couldn't stand leaving him in there. We ran outside, jumped down a ledge and sat safe in the car for 10 more minutes before the alarm went off. Poor Mattie was so scared he kept trying to hide under things in the car. It turned out to be a false alarm but I'm still glad Mattie was with me. Worst thing was Mattie made a hole in one of my new shirts while we were leaving but I will trade a shirt for a safe family. Mattie's still a little skittish but he's back to his favorite pastime:

Mattie, you owe me a trip to Loft little bugger!

Posted from my iPhone
Allison Marie you should never go into a building that has been evacuated!
ReplyDeleteI would have done the same thing if C & S were in there!
You crack me up! Glad everyone is safe.
ReplyDelete