Saturday, October 2, 2010

WIAM: Candy Corn Wreath

So I thought I would start a little tag of "What I am Making." I had forgotten how much I like crafting things until I started sewing again! Here's my latest project:

So I saw this wreath tutorial based on the cover of a magazine while browsing the Internet. Of course I didn't bookmark it but really liked the idea. Thursday night Brent went to Michael's and Target with me and we got the supplies: black duct tape (is it duct or duck ehh whatever you know what I'm talking about), candy corn, and a wreath frame. The straw one was cheaper but I think they recommended a foam one. Then I started glueing and kept glueing until I got this:



I had to start the patten and pick of the pieces at least 6 times because I had in my head that the wreath "wrapped."



I looked today and it didn't! No wonder that was so impossible!
I'm not loving the ribbon. I got it because it matches my other Halloween stuff (a post for another day) but I'm going to switch to black.

Pretty neat huh? And cheap too! It weighs a ton but held together really well.


I'm most proud of not eating a single candy while making it! I figured if I started on September 30th, I would consume 8 bags by Halloween!

Posted from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Umm....so cute! Love it! You have way more will power than me not eating any of the candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better hide the wreath - I might eat it! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete