Monday, February 22, 2010

Olympics

Ok so we are LOVING the Olympics. It's fun for us to watch the downhill skiing now that we know what it's like in person. I have found my self numerous times yelling at the speed skating, "Go, go, go." Apollo has had some really close ones- including that semi-final on Saturday night! I always thought I liked the summer Olympics better since they break up the re-runs on tv and have lots of events that are really varied: baseball, basketball, swimming, tennis, gymnastics (a particular favorite), and many others, but I have really enjoyed this winter games. We even like the shooting/cross country skiing (not sure the technical name- I think biathlon) they show on Saturday afternoons. I was a big fan of the snowboard cross (like roller derby on boards) and of course, we like the downhill and speed skating.
It's also fun that the Americans are doing so well. I like when anyone with a good story wins, but it's fun to see people from Colorado winning metals. Our local news is out there and does a 30min show every night since so many of the athletes are either native or now live in Colorado!

I'm not sure what's on tonight but if it is as entertaining as the ice dancing brother and sister duo, Brent and I will be thoroughly entertained (some of the best "I'm uncomfortable watching this" laughs I have had in a long time took place during that routine!)



Yes- just to be clear, he is driving his sister (who is in hot pants) like a truck. Also to be clear, they are not American.

2 comments:

  1. This post is too funny! I've been loving the Olympics too! I missed the brother and sister ice dancing duo....looks like I missed a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been watching the Olympics. I caught the very end of this routine and then heard that they were BROTHER and SISTER! Too funny!
    Supposed to snow again late tonight and tomorrow - I am ready for SPRING!

    ReplyDelete