I wrote this on Friday and never finished so here's a bit of an old post with an update!
So this year our Valentine's Day will be a busy one. Brent has mock trial all this weekend and I have volunteered to be a witness. I am the kidnapper and the mother of the kidnapped girl. You have to be two so you are prepared depending on if they are the prosecution or defense. We have that all day Saturday, and if they win, all day Sunday.
The house is festive for the big day thanks to Mom and LJ and their excellent shopping skills. I looked for decorations for a good while because this is really the last holiday (until 4th of July) that you can really decorate for. Decorating for St. Patrick's day seems uneventful and Easter stuff is usually very pastel (not a big fan) so I just go with my standard spring place mats and decor.
I think we are going to go to The Melting Pot with Luke and Sarah to celebrate sometime next week (Luke is Brent's mock trial partner). Otherwise, I think we will just lay low! I have Monday off so I am going to probably go see Valentine's Day if it gets good reviews! I think that's such a bold title for a movie. It seems like it would have a blockbuster first weekend then no one wants to go see Valentine's Day when the day has long past and everyone has moved on to spring.
Update:
It's Monday and I have just been doing things around the apartment and doing LOADS of laundry (literally). Brent and Luke did really well at mock trial but they didn't get to move on to Sunday. Their second judge was a bit of a curmudgeon and probably didnt score either team too favorably. We all determined that maybe he feels better about himself for proving to a bunch of kids who have had one semester of law school that he knows more about the law than them (he was probably a lawyer in the community). Congrats guy who wore jeans and a tie and secretly thank you for giving me a relaxing Sunday.
Valentine's Day was pretty low key around here. We watched the Olympics and proceeded with our normal Sunday routine: want to go to church, look out window, think damn it snowed on Saturday night AGAIN, think I shouldn't say damn on Sunday morning, decide that since the roads aren't plowed until about 12 on the weekends, we will stay in, watch a little tv, Brent have breakfast while I eat chips or some other non-breakfast food, Brent eventually begrudgingly goes to read, Mattie and I curl up on the couch and take a nap, we go to the grocery store, and then make dinner. Last night we had steak bites and garlic potatoes. It was delicious and fun to stay in and cook together. We realized it has been 4 years since we have been together on Valentine's day. It's pretty expensive to travel that weekend so we would always visit later in the month. It was a great present to just get to spend the day together. But since we have never gone to a really fancy restaurant for Valentines, we decided we would give eachother a nice dinner at Melting Pot on Wednesday just for fun!
I have pictures of the Valentine's decorations and meal but they are on my work laptop so I will have to lift those off when I sucum to opening up my work computer on my day off!
Did you go see Valentine's Day? Wouldn't it be fun to have a day off and not have to do laundry?!?!?!?
ReplyDelete