

Next I want to transform the wall that holds lots of command strips and very few mirrors. I just can't figure out how to get our colored mirrors to stay up. I want to do something really cool and 3D to offer interest and some color to the space but I just havent figured out how to do it and get it to stay up. Remember those guys in the background?

These are also cool however they are like 2k a piece so maybe not.

Now this is more along the lines of my decorating budget!
Another other thing that needs transforming is Matthew. He has his good days and his bad but he better be a good little boy tonight because Yuiko and Mark are coming over for dinner and Mark has told her all about our fantastic cat. Problem is he isn't too fantastic. He's been yelling at us every morning and even today he yelled at me through the shower curtain. He put his paws up on the tub like he was going to jump it. I didn't discourage his curiosity because I thought it might serve him right for screaming in my ear and biscuiting like crazy on my pillow but he never jumped. I was half happy to not have to deal with wet cat and half sad to not have that hilarious image forever in my head.
Also in need of a transformation- the weather. I love skiing but I also love sunshine after 4pm. I miss seeing the sun for more than my 4 minute drive to work. I am ready to spring forward and take walks at night again!
Lastly, my energy needs to be transformed. I sleep plenty and am just so sleepy every day I cant figure out what it is. I thought it was protein but then I eat lots of protein and am still tired. I thought it was work then skiing but I am sleeping 8-9 or more hours a day so it cant be that. I thought it was vitamins so I took my chewy ones (and I have even graduated to the adult chews instead of the flintstones ones where I had to take like 5 a day) but I am still sleepy. I thought it might be water or food so I snacked a lot on kashi bars and had tons of water and no luck. I am running out of experiments and am ready for good insurance to figure out why I feel like I could just put my head down on my desk at any time and fall right asleep.

Welcome to living up north. When it gets dark early like it does up in the mountains I always found myself really sleepy about 5pm. I don't really have a solution. I still get like that. But I try to workout at least once a day and that helps a lot! Even just a walk helps kick off positive energy.
ReplyDeleteYou should check out Ross or TJ Maxx. You can occasionally find cute pieces like those gold mirrors for a great price. If you keep at it, you might be able to find a nice collection of them. Ross is hit and miss, but when you find something awesome, it makes it all worthwhile.
ReplyDeleteYou probably shouldn't tell people about the sleepiness. You know know how people think... newlywed, tired all the time, tries to fix it by eating more than usual... hmmmmm.... (ok, in case you haven't experienced this yet (you're still young, afterall) people will think you're pregnant.) :)
Haha no for sure not that! I might go with Shyla's response and maybe it is connected to the Winter! I think I need more vitamin D! We have a Home Goods here that is basically TJ Maxx for the house. I am going to go this weekend and see if there is anything good!
ReplyDeleteAny luck finding something for your walls? Have you tried putting new command strips on your mirrors?
ReplyDelete