Friday, February 19, 2010

What's up with Brent?

So you might be thinking, "Wow, we have heard a lot about Allison's shoes, goals, cat (he is specifically mine in the mornings when he meows right in Brent's ear), wall decorations, etc. but is Brent still alive?"

Answer: YES! He has been in full-on law school mode for the last few weeks. They have a huge brief due next Monday so he has been writing a bunch. He also found out that he got a summer position with a Federal Magistrate Judge (I have no idea what they do even after asking three times. I dont even know if I should capitalize their title. I just know it's supposedly an awesome opportunity so hooray!) He will be an intern for 40 hrs a week in Denver at the courthouse (which looks cool. Is it sad that the thing I can most identify with in lawyer speak is that the building is a beautiful tribute to greco-roman architecture?)

I will make him post here soon but for now, I will try and write a post for him.

Title: A day in the Life
2:05am: Matthew has just woken me up for kibbles. His bowl is full but he is still demanding more. Allison just sleeps right through his meowing and pawing so he moves on to me.
5:05am: Mattie knows it's time for us to get up and by us I mean me and him not Allison (still sleeping soundly even though the cat is screaming). I try to write part of my paper but Mattie insists on using my foot to pet him.
6:55 am Bus to school
7am-5pm very interesting law stuff which I (Allison) will represent with all of the law words I know as of now: jurisprudence, consideration, torts, easement, murder, law, order, barrister (different than barista- I (still Allison) said that once at a party and you would think I insulted people's Mothers. Frankly, I hate to tell some of the kids this but people might just like their barista better than their barrister. Especially at 6am) :)
5pm-10pm Come home and cook with Allison. If she gets home early, then Mattie is sitting on her lap and runs to greet me. Eat, watch tv, talk, maybe do some homework, then try to get to bed because crazy cat will wake me up like a small child.

Repeat as necessary until the weekend or SPRING BREAK!!!

I know he is ready for a little break! Nothings more relaxing than skiing and tapping the Rockies!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that my FAVORITE son-in-law is alive and well! Don't know who's posts are funnier - yours or Allison's! Way to go on getting the internship!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a law school day to me :)! ... I sure don't miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so maybe I shouldn't read your Blog at work. I read it quickly and thought that Brent had actually made a post . . . didn't realize it was you posting for him until LJ told me at dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Glad to hear that Brent got that internship with the Judge! Congrats! Maybe by the time he starts the internship this summer, you'll understand what he's doing and can explain it to all of us!! :)

    ReplyDelete