2. Try to continue taking pictures for fun and continue learning my new hobby
3. Bake something all the way through. That includes frosting it. I never make it that far due to being distracted and wanting the immediate gratification of eating whatever I just baked.
(that's right- shockingly enough, I didn't make the Christmas cake)
4. Pick back up tennis when it warms up. Try and play once a week with Brent
5. Go on a couple of exploration trips. Brent and I went on these all the time in North and South Carolina. We would just drive to somewhere touristy or interesting and visit for the day or weekend. I want to make it to a few of those places around here. Potential locations: Cheyenne, Wyoming, The Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde, Moab (that one's a little far), and Vegas (might get this one for Aubrey and Matt's wedding). Now that we got a tent and sleeping bags for Christmas, I think we might be ready for adventures!
6. Take classes at the community college or do more research on a career that I think I would like to have. Something that is interesting and would theoretically be me "throwing responsibility to the wind" and doing what I think is fun. I might not actual do it this year but working towards it could still be rewarding.7. Get a hair cut- pathetic but I haven't had one since right after the wedding and I am horrified of trying new people. I read reviews online for a month in advance of thinking about trying anywhere new. Then I usually chicken out in fear of having some ridiculous bangs or too short hair.

8. Climb another 14er- can it be done? Maybe. I did already knock out the easiest one so it's only up from here.
9. Visit home and visit Georgia- since we moved everyone has been coming to visit us. I love it because it makes it way easier on me but I think its about time for me to repay the favor. I already have Southwest alerts on my computer in preparation.
10. Do more little things for Brent. He is so good about taking care of me and doing sweet things (most recent example- bringing me flowers home from the grocery store) and I'm a slacker on all of the 1950's women's roles. Hell, I considered cleaning up alone two Fridays in December a really nice accomplishment. He makes my lunch every day, does his laundry, helps with Mattie, and helps cook. I think I owe him a few sweet favors.11. Find a Church- so I put this on here but we might not accomplish it because if we dont find somewhere that seems like a fit, then I'm not going to keep going just for the sake of checking it off the list. Thus far Churches around here are very different. If Estes was closer, I might consider driving up every Sunday to go to the Y.
12. Take time and smell the roses- I want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, my lovely husband, and even spending quiet nights on the couch with Mattie more!
As I accomplish these, I will post updates. Hopefully I can knock off #3 and #7 sometime soon!
I like the idea of GOALS instead of resolutions. I've never been one to make resolutions! You could fly home and get your hair cut . . . that would take care of #7 and #9! (just kidding!)
ReplyDeleteI like #9!!! Please make it happen sometime soon! Cinny and Suggie love #9 too!! They miss you dearly and want to get some good sniffs of Mattie! I'm impressed with 12 goals - I haven't even come up with one! You are way ahead of me! Good luck on all of them - especially make sure to do the fun ones like traveling!!
ReplyDeleteobviously #9 is my favorite, but I love them all! I'm sure I'll read about them throughout the new year :)
ReplyDelete