Does that tell you how exhausted I have been? I can't seem to catch up from the conference last week and apparently I dont even know what day it is. Here are some updates:
Brent
He finally got all of his grades back from law school and he would probably be embarrassed for me posting this but he did FANTASTIC!! I am so proud of him. His GPA is very high and he will probably make the Dean's List. He worked very hard and I am glad that he has chosen a profession that he really loves and does so well in. He has already started his second semester and is probably going to do mock trial (where they present a pretend case in front of a judge) with Luke. This happens to fall on Valentine's day so it looks like Brent and Luke will get out of seeing "Valentine's Day" the movie and leave Sarah and I to see it together. I assume this was all planned and they are willing to do tons of work to ensure they do not have to see this chick flick! :)
Prince Matthew Owen
He gets his full name because he is in trouble. He has been terrible lately and acting like a little prince. When I was gone apparently he cried all the time and even did his business out of his box (just right outside on the tile but STILL- eww). We thought he was angry at me for leaving him but he continued crying and whining when I got home. He basically follows us around and cries until we pet him and give him new water. Strange. Until we realized, the cat has won again. He has been eating his new food just fine (and by new food I mean the 30lb bag of food we just bought him from PetCo not even walmart brand. The cat eats more sophisticated meals than us) BUT the new food is hairball control instead of weight control. On the bag it says it is a "hearty source of fiber" for cats. That translates to scooping the box twice a day to prevent an angry cat and giving him water all the time because the poor cat is eating cardboard. So even though he can't split these little nuggets and waste them, he is literally wasting the whole bag because I have to go get him his old kind. His box smells too bad to not. So again we realize, the cat runs the house and gets whatever he wants. So summary of this update: nothing new!
Additionally, I felt bad wasting the food when so many pets are hungry. So then I was like we can donate it to one of the people in Boulder with a pet. Then I realized you dont see many homeless people with cats on a leash outside. Could you imagine? Matthew would hate being homeless because there aren't pillows to rest his head on but would probably make millions because he is so cute.
Me
Last week was our Sales Conference in Florida and I worked 72 hours. This week I am still tired even with lots of napping this weekend. I still havent ordered the shoes from Shoe Dazzle. I got two new pairs for Christmas and am wondering if I should hold out for Feb, March, and April when I will be in dire need of new shoes. Ok so not dire but I thoroughly enjoy shoes and want to spread out the joy. Not much else new here. I dont feel 100% and am glad it's not Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment