Last night we had a Championship watching party which was loads of fun. What wasn't loads of fun was Colt getting hurt and baby qb coming in for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. He did alright however I have several critiques of the game I will spare you blog readers from having to scroll through.
In true Texas style, I made KK's Queso, Chuy's dip, and we had guac too. We all basically gorged ourselves on chips then determined after the first two minutes (and Colt's injury) that we also needed Margaritas! We got pizzas from Papa Murphy's because they were easy and everyone was sufficiently stuffed!
This week is Brent's last week of vacation before he starts another semester. I think he is secretly ready to go back due to my lists of house husband to-dos. At first I was like this is GREAT! I just go to work and come home and everything is clean and done and it's so lovely. Then I had this realization that if I am ever at home and he is working, it's only fair that he asks me to do the same. GASP- this means I will have to clean a toilet myself without having Brent come to my gagging rescue. This also means I will not be able to put off my laundry to the next month (yep I said month. I hate laundry) with a viable excuse (ok not viable but at I justify it in my mind). I might need to adjust my "lists" during Brent's breaks over the next 2.5 years so he will slowly forget how much work I "owe" him! :)
Matthew is doing well. He thoroughly enjoyed the party since there were lots of people to pet him. He even wore his orange and white to support the 'Horns!
Not sure what our weekend plans are since I leave next week for our big Sales Conference in Florida. Might just take it easy and eat about 7lbs of pizza we have left over. I bet I know a little cat who would sacrifice and eat some...
I bet everyone loved a little taste of Texas food! Brent can eat leftover pizza next week while you are gone!
ReplyDeleteHave you sent my recipe box to me yet?? I might just need that queso recipe with the Super Bowl coming up soon!!! I'm sure its delicious!
ReplyDelete