January
Brent's first month without football in a REALLY long time. We didn't do our normal Interim visit because I was working at the spa and we were saving up for the honeymoon! Not many pics from January.
February
We went to our final Black and Gold Ball at Wofford and had a blast. That was Valentine's weekend so we also took a short trip to the Biltmore (one of the things I had wanted to do since Brent lived close). It was pretty darn freezing that day but the place was beautiful and we had fun enjoying Wofford together for our last college weekend.



March
For Brent's spring break we went to Washington DC. He rode the Amtrak up (never recommended) and I flew in (Don't you like how that worked out?). We just happened to be there during the Cherry Blossom Festival so all of the trees were beautiful. Great trip but if you are ever thinking that the Mall is walking distance from Arlington National Cemetery, you should reconsider that thought.

During all of this travel, we were also planning our wedding. Lots of fun stuff going on in March/April including showers and final fittings.
April
April started with my bachelorette party on Good Friday. Eeek- good think we made it to Church on Sunday! We had so much fun going out in Dallas since I had never really been to downtown. Dallas was rough and scary when we were growing up so seeing uptown and its "clean" side was rather refreshing. I think Brent had a bachelor party at Wofford this month. Not sure because there was about six times they used "bachelor party" as an excuse to drink a lot of Coors Light. Brent was finishing up his classes and getting his life threatened while subbing at the alternative school. I was still working at the spa and learning how to windex.


May
Obviously a big month for us! Thanks to my mom and sister, we were pretty much done with wedding planning before Brent's graduation mid month. My brilliant self forgot my camera for Brent's graduation so I have some awesome disposable pics from the weekend festivities. I even sprung for the camera with a "zoom" on it. Remember when disposable cameras were so cool? Now they just seem like 1.5 megapixle pictures.




After Brent's graduation weekend that included lots of pork bbq (one of the things I am most happy to get away from in the south), late night fun with friends, some fountain diving, and a couple of staggering diploma acceptance walks, we drove back to Texas where Sunny promptly started what would be his long death in Canton, Texas.


Oh yes, during the height of all of this excitement was swine flu. Can't forget the stress that caused since we were planning a honeymoon for Mexico in a few weeks.
At the end of May we kicked off the wedding festivities with a good ole Texas bbq (with BEEF) for most of our out of town guests. OH WAIT, I forgot Brent started the week with his Texas bachelor party on Wednesday night. Mayhem and fun ensued. No one got hurt and technically no one got arrested, but there might have been some "escorting" from the Carrollton Police. Good times.
On Friday my bridesmaids and I got pedicures and has a brunch. Later that night we had our rehearsal dinner and enjoyed sharing fajitas and fun with everyone.


Saturday, May 30th was our wedding. Since this will probably reign as the biggest, most exciting, most fun day of our lives for the next few years, I will deem it "Best Day of 2009" (though getting Mattie was a close runner-up... JUST KIDDING). The day was spectacular and I still look through the pictures all the time. The day was amazing because Brent and I committed to love each other forever and because everyone we loved and cared about was there! I likened the reception to the best party of all time because it was like a party with EVERYONE who was important to us! Oh and everything was so beyond fun and amazing that this still wins as best day ever in spite of me originally having a mullet, stepping in broken beer bottle glass, breaking my pinky toe on the Adolphus hotel entrance (it still hurts), and walking a few blocks to our actual hotel. I loved every second of the adventure that was May 30th and knew it was just the beginning!


June
Honeymoon time! Hooray for Mexico even with Swine Flu. Our resort was fantastic and honestly, it was great that everyone was scared away because it was quiet and the employees offered amazing service. We mostly relaxed and read but went on a Mayan excursion one day. At some point, I will post all the pictures from the week but for now here are a few to make you salivate for warm weather, beaches, and a good margarita...





When we came back to Carrollton, Parker graduated and LJ graciously let us live in her apartment for a month while we packed up and got ready to move to Colorado. At this point there was a whole room in my parent's house devoted to stuff/crap (depends on who you ask as to how they classify it) we took with us.

June also signified the end to the tannest 3 month period of my life. Back to blending in with the snow!
July
The move. At this point, I started the blog (reference the first posts to see pictures). We basically packed up all of our worldly belongings and moved them into a 2 bedroom apartment just outside of Boulder. When we moved, I didn't have a job nor any prospects (remember the crappy economy?? yeah, couple that with moving to the most educated state in the union and my bachelors degree and 0 years of experience didn't make for the most coveted skills) After looking for a bit, I started my position in early August. I figure from this point on, there are plenty of blog posts to continue the review! Next year I will work on a FULL year but starting with half seems long enough for now :)
Happy New Year to all! May your 2010 be as fun as our 2009 was!
Happy New Year to all! May your 2010 be as fun as our 2009 was!


Love it! So many special memories . . . 2009 was a good year!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog daily, just didn't have a chance to comment this week, thus all the comments this afternoon! Loved this post the most! What a fun year 2009 was for you and Brent, a year y'all will never forget! Hope 2010 is as good or better of a year for ya'll! Love you!!
ReplyDelete