Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wishful Wednesday

One of the blogs I read, The Seattle Smith's does a weekly blogpost where she gives a prompt and lots of people respond. She calls it Wishful Wednesday. This week the prompt is:



'I wish' .... I could spend three
minutes in _____ shoes!'

After reading some of the entries, I wasn't sure who I would say I would like to have a preview of their life. Most of the women said celebrities like Lady Gaga, Kelly Rippa, Oprah, and Rachel Zoe. I gave serious consideration to Carrie Bradshaw because it would be crazy to know what it felt like to wear thousand dollar shoes but then I went to something standard and quite possible boring to some people but I think it would be great.

'I wish' .... I could spend three
minutes in the President's shoes

(tonight the three minutes before he goes on for the State of the Union)!




I do NOT wish to be in his shoes while he is actually delivering the message because I could get heckled and I would get off when they clapped every ten seconds, BUT I can't imagine what it's like in the last seconds before he goes on. Is he nervous? Is he blackberrying polls or friends? Is some speech writer telling him to emphasize the word "middle class" at least four times every ten minutes? Is he at the last minute going to "cut" the idea of a spending freeze? Is he going to be assertive on healthcare or stay quiet after the Mass. election? Does he wear makeup? Does he even talk to anyone? He is about to address the most powerful nation in the world in front of literally the complete leadership of the country. How fascinating but I would gladly give back his shoes when they announce "The President of the United States..."
Whose shoes would you like to spend three minutes in?

3 comments:

  1. I would like to spend ten minutes in Mattie's boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would want to spend three minutes in one of my student's shoes. His name is Kimo, and he was 'kicked out' of primary school because of low performance. He has been unable to read up till now and he's 15. He is socially functional, just unable to retain and respond to even the simplest of reading exercises. I want to sOOO badly "see" how he thinks, so I can make this "learning to read" process easier for both of us.

    ReplyDelete