Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lust List is Back!

Ok so after a fantastic Christmas, I was pretty lust-less since I was totally blessed. BUT of course with a new holiday coming up, I have found that there are a few random things catching my eye. I have tried to stay out of stores but I just can't help lusting after:

1. A zebra print rug- is there anything that makes more of a statement? I certainly dont think so. I found this one in Target but Brent proceeded to tell me that we had "no need" for a zebra print rug. To that I said, "EVERYONE has a need for a zebra print rug even if it just sits in their closet so they can look at it every once in a while." Ok so even my logic didn't even persuade me but check out these inspiration pictures:


2. Valentine's Day decorations- So Brent and I also discussed last night at Target how I am totally lock-step in line with the decorations in the dollar bins at Target. I love the holiday items and our place looks boring without all of the red and green glitter. Thus, I purchased some little dish towels (I already have the Halloween, Christmas, and now Love Owls for Valentine's) because they were $2.50. I also perused their place settings and searched for pink napkins to go with my red placemats I have for Christmas. Trying to decorate and be thrifty is harder than it looks especially when you get the itch to decorate every few months. See below for some sweet items:



3. More time to play with photoshop- I found these overlays and they make really cool techniques on photos. http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/ very cool and a Texas chick none the less. I could maybe spend ¾ of a day staring at Photoshop on my computer and looking up how-to's online. Elements doesn't come with a manual so there are some great sites out there with people who taught themselves.


4. Good looking cupcakes tonight- So Mark, one of Brent's friends from law school, is/was engaged to a girl from Japan. She came on Monday and they got married yesterday (hence the "was") and everyone is getting together to meet her this weekend. I thought I would bring some white, red velvet, and blue icing cupcakes. Cute when it was a welcome party but now that they are married, I might need to couple them with her own cupcake stand or something as a wedding gift. Hopefully my cupcakes are fluffy and the how-to ice I have found works well. Will post pics if they turn out nice. If not, yeah well I will lift one off one of those amazing crafter sites. Haha!


Anyone lusting after anything fun lately?

5 comments:

  1. My Lust List . . .

    Spring Break
    Easter Weekend
    Memorial Day
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1, I think you need a zebra rug...everyone needs a zebra rug! Domino magazine used to always put a lot of zebra rugs in their spreads and I always like the rooms. #2, I bookmarked the site you gave for photoshop help. I just checked a book out from the library so I could learn, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I think I have illustrator, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same thing. Did you learn how to use it in school or pick up on it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lust list matches your mom's. I am also lusting to get my highlights redone, but that's nothing new :) I'm glad your lust list is back to its old self again! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the lust list is back! I've missed it! I'm lusting for lots of snow on the mountains for next weekend! Can't wait to see you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lust List:
    New camera (my sliding "review/video" button broke)
    A basketball to play hoops with Cuffie
    Oddwalla bars
    Arriba brand salsa...and mission tortilla chips!
    A gallon of REAL milk, not the box kind that is displayed in the center of the isle, unrefrigerated. I want to make old fashioned tapioca pudding that tastes like it used to in Texas :0)

    The zebra rug is a riot, Allison!

    ReplyDelete