Friday, December 11, 2009

3 Things I never Thought I would Do


So over the past few days I have had some new experiences and I thought I should share the three things I never thought I would do:

1. Drive a bright blue Kia Rio (and be thankful for it)- I am looking pretty cool in my rental car. It goes up to about 4000rpms on the hills but it starts in the morning and makes it much easier for Brent and I to fix our car problems!

Oh and for some reason I can't escape the bright blue cars in Colorado:

From May:

From Today:



2. Follow Sarah Palin on Twitter- ok so this one requires LOTS of explanation because most of you out there are probably fainting. So yesterday Brent texted and said that Sarah Palin was shopping at Ben Widmyer's (Brent's college roommates) Mom's store in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I was wondering if she was just driving through or stopping there so I looked up her book tour. Problem was her people dont know how to create a website for Going Rogue so there was no official list. All I found was her facebook page (and NO I most certainly did not friend her) and her twitter. On her twitter she was talking about her stops on the book tour and I wanted to know if she was going to give a shoutout to the store or post a pic so I kept my eye on it all day. GASP I know that's a lot of Sarah for one person especially for one whose been in pics with the pres.
http://www.life.com/image/73406177

(if you are still looking for me I'm in the blue on the right- there is a better picture out there but I can't find it currently)

And she did tweet about Coeur d'Alene but not specifically the shop: "Coeur d'Alene=awesome! Proof that these "non-traditional"tour stops r more than worth the effort 2 reach out&hear from 1000s of heartlanders"

even the tweets drive me nuts... "small biz owners rock r economy!"

Sarah, I know you're not big on reading but the dictionary says it's spelled "our." (ok ok I couldnt resisit at least one jab)

3. Miss finals- WHATTTT? that's right I miss tests. I was good at them. It's strange right? If you are good at taking pictures or playing tennis or sewing you never have to stop. I was good at studying and taking tests. Well my "hobby" just got WAY more expensive (ex. Brent's tuition) therefore, I have given it up. It's just strange to not have that competition and opportunity to do something I am good at. Looks like I will have to channel all of my energy into becoming good at something else. Oh and I also miss finals because usually they lead to a month of doing absolutely NOTHING which sounds fantastic right now!

Post on the weird thing coming later today...

4 comments:

  1. #1 - Love that color of blue . . . think you should paint both your cars that color! You would be easy to spot! What is it with bright blue rental cars????
    #2 - Gag!
    #3 - Only you would miss finals! Maybe you can start a new business: Allie Takes Your Finals. You would be rich!

    Can't wait to see the weird things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up missing finals! I think you might be the only person EVER that I have heard say that!! Maybe you should go back to school....MBA?? Then you could have all the tests and finals that you wanted!! I can mail you some first grade tests if that would make you feel better!! :) You are right, the best thing about finals was the 6 weeks off of school after them!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! This entire post is hilarious. I'm surprised Sarah Palin doesn't sign off her tweets with "Hockey moms rule!" Thats the only thing missing. When I'm with you next week, can we please play "Ridin Dirty" as we drive around in the Kia Rio?...perfect. Keep in mind that you don't get final exam care packages in Graduate School. Discrimination or what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just found your blog!

    Sarah Palin was mere miles from me! We live in Coeur d'Alene (well, Hayden, but who's counting?) and I actually went to Fred Meyer where her book signing was the day before she was scheduled to be there. I made it a point to NOT go to Fred Meyer the next day... I can't say that I'm a huge Sarah Palin fan either. (And I'm even kind of Republican-ish)

    ReplyDelete