Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas-o-meter

So I have tried to write a post for the past few days but I just didnt want to be a Debbie Downer because then people would never come back and read. It's been a tough few weeks. This whole "you will look back at being poor and just starting out with fond memories" is hard to buy right now. It's basically just pretty tough.



Here's the low down. I didn't buy Christmas cards again for the like millionth week in a row. Therefore, now it will be like two days before Christmas if we send them out. I am thinking about making a Christmas email. Is that too Generation Z or Melinial or whatever we are called? Hey at least I'm not tweeting Merry Christmas and counting it. Although blogging a card seems much more efficient...



Ok so no cards, if that's my biggest holiday flaw, things are going well for me. BUT that's one of the smallest holiday infractions. Next thing: bought cookie dough to finally use my holiday cookie cutters I registered for. I had visions of great peanut butter cookie trees and cute little ornaments but the dough was just so tempting. I didn't eat it all but for the past few weeks I do drive-bys of the fridge and just pull a little bit off. Now I have a half a roll, no holiday cookies and just the extra holiday pounds. Mental note: holiday intentions turn out poorly when there is anything edible involved.



Next up: the pillows. So Mattie and I had such a lovely time sewing. All was well. Then I left the needle on the table and Mattie jumped up and knocked it off sometime Monday morning. Strange now I cant find my needle. I will unintentionally enlist Brent to help me find it with his foot. Needle on ground+husband in socks= not pleased husband and bent needle. I didnt draw blood but the pillows are still on hold.



Last un-festive thing: for the holiday I just rented myself a kia rio. Both cars are now broken (story about changing the battery in 2 degree weather should be for another post. Still not funny yet. Too soon. Fingers just thawing out.) and we need a way to get around. The buses don't run near our apartment past 6 so that doesn't really work for us. So with the "fun" Christmas money I had reserved for us, I rented an awesome Kia from Enterprise because they will "pick me up." Not exactly new shoes or worthy of wrapping paper but definitely something we need- maybe it will serve as a little holiday pick me up. Ok now I'm just trying to be punny.



So my festive Christmas-o-meter went from "Full Fledged Noel" to "Fleeting attempts at remembering it's the month of December."



At least Mattie doesn't know the difference and just enjoys his new favorite hiding spot- under the tree! We might never get to take it down.



Feliz Navidad Folks and if you live in Colorado, give me a festive wave on the highway- I will be in the right hand lane in the putt putt that is trying to make it up the hill!



p.s. tomorrow I am going to do a "share my surroundings" that has been really freaking Brent and I out. I wonder if all of the northerners in Blogland out there have experiences with this as well (although thanks to google analytics I know there aren't many of you northerners out there!)

3 comments:

  1. Poor Allie - some days just STINK! I hope your days get better and warmer. (they can't get much worse!) Hang in there and we will be there to help you get everything taken care of.
    Love you!
    Mom
    PS - Brent - good luck on your final tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe instead of Christmas cards you can send New Year's cards??!! If you don't send a card I want to at least see what you were going to send - I'm sure its cute! Hope things calm down and warm up for you!! We are sending love and hugs from Texas to you and Brent (and Matt Cat)!

    Love ya,
    LJ

    P.S. - I am curiously awaiting tomorrow's post....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, send a New Years card. You can even buy Christmas cards right after Christmas for super cheap. (I have a rubbermade tub full of Christmas cards that I bought cheap that I keep thinking I'm going to use, but every year I print of a card from Walmart so that I can have a picture of Lily on it...)

    ReplyDelete