Monday, December 7, 2009

Popsicle People

So now it's feels like NEGATIVE eight outside and I am pretty sure my car and my cat are like "why the hell did you drag me here?" How easily they forget the 60 degree summer nights. The car wouldn't start this morning- yep this is the car we just had fixed about three weeks ago. It took quite a few tries and I just hope its because it's cold and not because somethings wrong. I think my naivete is a coping mechanism to prevent me from pushing both our cars off a hill and calling it a day.

Luckily I like the cat better and even turned up the heat for the little guy because I felt bad.

Saturday was good. I went shopping for a few Christmas gifts and Brent studied at the law school all day (ok that part was bad but at least the shoppers weren't too nuts). Then we watched the UT game with Luke and Sarah which was insane and I still think I might need a defibrillator. Oh well, a wins a win and we are off to the National Championship game! Too bad there aren't more people around here to appreciate my great Longhorn chip and dip and fiesta platter.

Sunday Mattie and I were cold so we hibernated inside all day. Brent was studying again and we just weren't having the cold and snow so we napped and sewed some pillows. I say "we" because Mattie LOVES the string. He chases it and paws at it as I am pulling it through to stitch. It makes it quite difficult to actually accomplish much but since that was all that was on our agenda, it was kind of cute.


Here's a photo montage of what happened at least 20 times:
"Hello Mousey, we meet again"



"If I dont look at it, it won't know I'm here"


Action Shot




Victory!


Actual shots of the pillows (and the runner I was making in these pictures) can be posted later- my fingers are starting to freeze!

Today I found out I will still be a contractor until at least February because they are not going to decide on the budget until then. This was pretty disappointing. It just doesn't seem fair that I am putting all of my energy into a commitment with this company and they dont seem to think I am valuable enough to try and commit to me. It's quite like I'm dating a deadbeat who mooches off of me every day for eight hours. Luckily I'm married to a good guy who totally believes in hard work.

Brent has his first law school final tomorrow. I am pretty convinced that he is going to do fabulous but I dont want to tell him and make him all nervous so I will let him read this tomorrow after it's over! Right now I'm just being "quiet supportive" and nodding anytime he points out a tort, contract infringement, or property law violation (and this is LOTS). He has worked so hard and I know that in this instance, hard work does truly will pay off! He's almost 1/6th done!!

We already have FOUR blankets on our bed but tonight I might have to wear my ski clothes to bed. This is nuts and WATCH OUT, it's coming for the rest of the country!!!

2 comments:

  1. It makes me cold just reading your blog! Dad and I are still having our crazy contest with the Miller's . . . no heat at our house yet. It is cold in here! LJ was over last night and wore her ski cap! Can't wait to see the pillows and table runner that you and Mattie are making! Bundle up and stay warm! Hope your car starts in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been in the 30's and wet here today and I was freezing...I might run into some problems in a couple weeks when it feels like its below zero! YIKES!! Sorry to hear that your job won't let you know anything until February. But hey February is only about 10 weeks away, so that's not as long as it sounds. Hang in there - easier said than done I'm sure! Glad Mattie enjoyed sewing with you! Can't wait to see what your final products are!! Are you knocking off the C&B pillows that you were lusting for? I hope your car starts tomorrow and its just getting used to the cold and not something more! Maybe you need a car sized scarf to wrap around it each night! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! Miss you!!

    XOXOXO,
    LJ

    P.S. - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW BRENT!! YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete