Sorry it's been so long since I posted. Things at work are NUTS since we have this conference at the beginning on January and almost everyone is off for the next week/week and a half. I am actually kind of glad I will be here because I can get stuff done but it will hopefully be quiet... might be wishful thinking!
Brent just finished his last law school exam for the semester. I know he is THRILLED to be done studying for a while. Since there is no Interim in law school, I am pretty sure this is his longest break in quite some time (ok well if you ignore the whole we took off last summer part!) He said he felt good about all of the tests and I am really proud of all of his hard work (and thankful that the note cards that have taken over the house can be put up).
Tonight Brent heads back to Carrollton to see his family and visit friends. I am slightly jealous that he gets to jet back to TX and I get to stay in my beige cubical (reference pics posted before to get the whole "blaaa effect") BUT redeeming event that also happens tonight: MELISSA COMES!! I am so excited since we haven't seen each other since the wedding! I dont have a ton planned except that I have to rush home and clean (was anyone out there really surprised at that comment? I didnt think so) and buy the stuff to make Chuy's sauce because frankly we cant be together without some remnants of Chuys!!!
Not sure what our plans are for the weekend but it is supposed to warm up for her which is nice. Mel is quite possibly our only visitor we will have that I have to explicitly say to not bring fabric covered heels because the snow will ruin them. Of course she is also the only one who will grieve with me when I show her my ruined pair. LOVE IT! LOVE HER!! Super excited!
Ahh back to work. 5 min post not adequate, will write more later!
Wish you could have come with Brent but know that you and Melissa will have a great time together! Can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Hope you and Melissa are having a fun weekend! Please post all about it tomorrow!! Can't wait to see you in LESS THAN A WEEK!! YAHOOOOOOOOOO!! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the Adventures of Allie and Melissa!
ReplyDelete