Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lust List

Things I am lusting after this week include:

1. Making Christmas Goodies- I still haven't found/made the rest of my Christmas decorations. I am totally in the mood to create something but I just dont really have the tools and/or budget to make a bunch of Christmas goodies. I read all of these blogs where the woman are regular Martha Stewarts making adorable flower hair accessories, skirts, advent calendars, etc. Only problem is my husband just doesn't appreciate "cutsey" things. He was most thrilled when I bought him legit breakfast instead of oatmeal. I just dont think he would express the same excitement over hand glittered pine cones. Oh well, right now I figure I will just lust after pre-made Christmas items like this adorable pillow from Crate and Barrel:


2. HEB- Is it strange or wrong to lust after a grocery store? Most certainly not when the grocery store is as fantastic as HEB. I miss their tortillas, convenient southern items (true Texas chili spices in a can), and their sister store Central Market. The pre-made section in that place is my mecca. Homemade mac and cheese- check. Gourmet chicken fingers- fried, pecan crusted, or regular they ask. Potato Salad- only like FOUR kinds. Salsa Bar- yep that's right a whole buffet of salsa. 3. Santa Claus to go visit all of my family and friends and report back to me- Strange but I could REALLY use Christmas ideas for everyone out there. I tried really hard this year to get in the holiday spirit early hoping that gift ideas would naturally follow. No such luck. I have zero creativity this year and really Martha do you think people want tassel earrings? Is that the best you've got because if so, I am SOL.
(and you all thought I made up the tassel earrings)

4. A Cocktail- It's 4:50 MST on Tuesday and I am already ready for the weekend. Everyone at work just realized we only have like 10 business days until everyone checks out for Christmas and is nuts. Cat is sad because we had to go back to work and Brent is studying at the law school until 7pm tonight. Oh and even better- today one of my coworkers bitched that he had to go to Vegas and stay at Ceasar's for the next two days on work's dime. Yes, very rough. I will cry for you tonight while you are at cirque du soleil.

5. Lastly, I'm lusting after Being in Dallas tonight- The family is going out for Mom's birthday tomorrow and it's kind of crappy I dont get to be with them. First I had to watch the Hallmark movie with Mattie and now I miss birthday dinners. Too bad I dont own a teleporter although it would really cut down on my frequent flyer miles.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pillows - too cute! You could whip those up!
    No tassle earrings for me! Let's count being together for Christmas/New Years Week as our gift. Can't wait to be in Colorado with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're going through a rough spot. Just think, you got to go skiing and you get to see mountains every day. I miss my mountains :)! Hope you find your Christmas cheer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. knock knock....its Christmas cheer! Only one more Friday until we will be together! I'm watching Tyra right now and a girl taste-tested healthy food and she was wearing those tassle earrings!!!! I was not jealous. To top it off, spaghetti was falling out of her mouth and it was just too much dangling with the tassles.

    Why doesn't HEB/Central Market realize they need branches in Colorado and Georgia? We'll keep them in business!

    ReplyDelete