Tostada Pile-up
So on our honeymoon (ugh lusting after beautiful Mexican beaches... it's supposed to snow tomorrow) they had these little tostada things that were just so tasty. I practically ate them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They were just small chips with delicious beans, meat, and cheese on them. It's the cheese that really sold it. I'm pretty sure it was "Mexican cheese" which is a really soft crumbling cheese that has a nice strong flavor. Since I couldnt find any little chips or Mexican cheese in our grocery store (it's hard enough to find can green chillies), I had to improvise with feta. It sounds nasty with the Greek and Mexican flavors colliding and all, but it was pretty darn delicious.
This didn't have a recipe but was pretty basic: brown meat, add package of seasoning, put refried beans on tostada chip you buy, add a little meat, add fetta, lettuce, pico and voila! We both liked it. I give it an A- since it didn't come with the hammock and poolside service.
Disclaimer: photos are taken on our white plates which makes it very difficult to balance all of the white/flash. I have put this on my list of things to learn in photography class.

After I took this pic, I realized they looked a bit like boobs but ignore that fact and they were tasty!
Sausage, Spinach, Mushroom, and Provolone Pizza
Recipe
So we originally made this pizza a while back when I got my issue of Real Simple. Then we made this wondrous discovery known as Papa Murphy's. I decided to resurrect this pizza since our favorite Papa Murphy's is not on sale any more (the Cowboy Pizza- try it. It's delicious) I don't make the pizza crust- I mean REALLY who makes pie or pizza crust? I also use reduced fat sausage in the big roll not links and add mushrooms to the mix. I give it a B because I really like the Cowboy pizza but Brent said he likes this one better so he gives it an A.
Up-close (enlarge that sucker and I guarentee you will salivate):

Looks lonely because I already ate my other piece:
Everything you make looks so tasty! Mom and Dad and I got Papa Murphys last night and tried your Cowboy pizza and it was muy bueno!! Your homemade one looks really good too! I may have to try it! Hope you have had a good weekend! Love you!
ReplyDelete