Highlights:
I will start with last night. I met Brent in Boulder for our usual enchilada split at The Rio Grande. It was delicious and confirms that you can easily split a meal if you fill up on enormous amounts of chips before hand haha! Then I went to my photography class. It was really different than I expected. The place was very small and super cluttered with magazines, photography paper, and tons of other stuff. There were no computers which was strange to me since I thought there would be some work introducing photoshop. The teacher, Don, was really interesting and most of yesterday's class was centered around the history of photography. I had the distinguished honor of being his only student EVER (he has had over 10,000 since he also teaches at CU) to have seen the world's first photograph. Hook 'em Horns. It sits in the Harry Ransom Center (one of the most amazing collections of artifacts in the world) at UT and I just so happened to catch a reflection (you cant look at it directly) about a year ago. It's just as difficult to see in person:

We didn't do any hands on work or practice shooting or anything so I think it will be more lecture based which is alright. No matter what we learn, it is still nice to have something to look forward to for the next few Thursdays. I did learn one little tidbit in the first four minutes: My lusting after the Nikon is just like my lust after the shoes in Nordstroms. I was swayed by the name and display haha! Apparently, you get way more for your money from a Canon DSLR. Who knew? Our homework assignment is to read our camera manual. Too bad I'm still pretty bored at work and did that yesterday before class. Once an over achiever, always an over achiever.
No for the Low lights:
So this morning, like all mornings, Brent left before I was really up. Then after semi-sleeping, semi-petting the cat, I heard someone come back in. I jumped up faster at 7:00am than I have in a long time. Apparently his car would not start. A nice man in our complex tried to jump it for him and that didnt work which means it might not be the battery. (Insert whomp whomp waaaaa sound effect) So I had him take me to work at 7:45 today which means I think I am done at like 2pm since I can only work 40 hours. Looks like the company gets me free for a little longer since my ride (Brent who now has my car) doesnt get out of class until 3pm. So this weekend we will be trying to find a good mechanic here and assessing how sick good ole Sunny boy is. :(
Once a nerd, always a nerd! (I say that lovingly!!) Only you would read up on your camera manual before Photography class!! :) Can't wait to see some of the pics that you are going to take! Did the snow stick this time? Mom said you said it was snowing! Its still 75 here...I'm still wearing flipflops! Sorry to hear about Sunny.....being a grown up and being responsible for your own car is no fun! Hope y'all get something worked out! Love ya!
ReplyDelete