Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lust List

So first I must respond to my lust list last week. I found a photography class that I can take and still keep my old license! It starts on Thursday and I am excited to see what I can learn. As mentioned on Foodie Friday, I also made some awesome Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno dip. The glitter pumpkins are still on hold since glitter is priced like gold. I'm sorry but a small tube is not worth $6.50. Also, the couch is well still my couch and will be forever. Thus the list is called a "lust" list not a "what I am going to go shopping for this week" list.

Here's what I'm lusting after lately:

1. Brown OPI polish- When I got my toes done I got them painted brown/copper. At first I thought this was a big risk since it's quite the departure from my holiday red I usually use all the way through the winter. Dumb me but I didn't even look at the cute name on the bottom so I just pulled a random brown off the internet in case you wanted to lust as well.



2. Mirror Trees- If you haven't caught on by now, I love things that sparkle, shimmer, or in general are glittery. I have been trying to get things for the holidays early since Brent is going home mid December and will probably take presents with him. Also, I have figured out why the holidays seem much better this year. It's because I am escaping all of the loons who come out from December 1st-25th and are angry. I loathe being pushed into a corner while everyone is fighting for wrapping paper at Target. People honk at you in the parking lots and are generally ba humbug. Since no one is anything humbug yet, it's quite nice. I can meander through the decorations, papers, and such without anyone bothering me or some small kid screaming. Long tangent short, here are the mirror trees I saw at Target that I really like. I think the set of three would look nice on the coffee table. Don't you agree?


3. A Murder Mystery Dinner Party- I have been lusting after this one for a while but think it needs to wait until well after Halloween/the holidays. You can buy this box at game stores or on the Internet and it gives you all of the characters, food, invitations, etc. Then you play out the murder mystery and everyone guesses who is the murder in between courses. Sounds really fun and there is a Texas themed one. I have an 8x10 of all of the Yankees out here playing that one :)


That's right- It's called "Honky Tonk Homicide"

4. A vacation for Brent- Luckily we are going to get this soon! Brent has been working so hard at law school I can tell it is starting to really wear him out. He didn't get home until 8 last night (he leaves at 7am). The only saving grace is that he likes the actual content it's just so much work. I think he is super deserving of a nice break... wait, I'm suggesting we learn to ski. Anyone who has skied before knows it's no walk in the park. Eeek. :)


5. An office/cube at work that isn't right by the microwave- Just this morning people have: burned popcorn, heated up something that smells exactly like Ikea (strange I know), heated up fish, probably 2 lean cuisines (they have such a distinctive smell), and now something so pungent my nose is curled. If you are heating up fish at your work, please stop for the new girl who gets the smelly desk location.

2 comments:

  1. I love your LUST list! I like the trees for your coffee table as long as Mattie doesn't wander through the forest and knock them over! I need you and Brent to post a Christmas wish list so I don't have to fight all the crazy people in December! Brent might think law school is more relaxing than skiing after he tries it out!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try that brownish color toe nail polish but wasn't gutsy enough! Guess I'll have to try it now! :) The mirror trees look like something that would go perfect in your apartment! Does Target ever put their stuff on sale? I'm still so impressed you are ahead of the game on the Christmas shopping. I'm just trying to survive until Thanksgiving - 8 more school days! Hope all is well with you!! Love your Lust List - might be one of my favorite blog topics...besides Mattie of course! Tell B to hang in there with school - Christmas Break will be here soon! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete