Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lust List

I'm a day behind blogging and forgot to do my lust list yesterday. It looks like I'm not lusting after much lately to keep it top of mind. For now I will include a really un-fun lust list that reeks of real world and adult (whomp whomp waaa).

Things I am lusting after this week:

1. A car that works- Brent's car is still broken and there's still snow on the ground and it's still cold out so as of right now, that's how it is going to stay. We need to get it into the mechanic to see what is wrong with it but it's tough because neither of us have ever had to pick our own mechanic (thanks to Dad and Kenny). I feel like this is more important than picking a doctor. I mean really what bad can a general practitioner really do besides mis-diagnose your ear infection? We are now old enough to ask the pharmacist if anything has penicillin in it (both allergic) and that pretty much covers it. A mechanic however has the fate of the most expensive thing I own in his hands. Is it pathetic I just deemed my car more worthy than my life/ears? Maybe, but I think it might be the truth if I have to start walking the two miles to work in heels in the snow. Just kidding... sort of :)

2. A second car that works- my car is having trouble too. It is leaking anti-freeze which is pretty critical when it is freezing outside (also critical other times of year too). So I have to get my car to a mechanic BUT we now have no way to get home from the mechanic because Brent's car doesn't work either. Maybe they will give us a two for one deal.

3. A cat who isn't going through a "phase"- Matthew (using full name because he is in trouble) is really testing my Cat Parent Patience. He has been a very bad cat this week and has taken to biting us when we are not petting him enough/correctly. We have tried to scold him, remove him from our laps/furniture/bed/etc. and not pay attention to him but guess what?? HE'S A CAT!! This means he doesn't know if he disappoints us, does not feel guilt, nor does care at all. A dog usually responds to punishment. A cat rolls over and looks annoyed with you for being in the room. I am ready for his insubordinate phase to end and my sweet kitty to come back.

4. A vacation- so beyond ready for next weekend (clearly).

No comments:

Post a Comment