After Friday's post, it would be safe to assume that we had a lot to do this weekend (fix the car etc.) Brent and our friend Mark spent Friday taking apart the car to remove the alternator. I'm not so sure why this was necessary seeing as we hadnt even replaced the battery yet but they were being men so I just let them be while Mattie and I stayed inside. After they replaced the battery, it was determined that it would not even push start (told you I was inside the whole time- I mean do you really think I was going to try and push 3 ton Sunny?) So we decided it must be much worse financially than originally anticipated. Real lovely Friday.
On Saturday we bummed around for a while much to Mattie's glee. He loves getting pets in bed while we catch up on all of our t.v. shows we missed from the week on the computer (Flash Forward is getting really good! Boo for no Modern Family and Grey's is outrageous as usual) We went and got Brent a suit, the original one from Nordstrom's Rack. I have to give him a public "you were right" for having really nice taste early on in the suit shopping process. We also got ski lesson tickets for our November trip **of critical importance for later in the post.
By Saturday night it had really started to snow and my sincere dislike of socks came back to get me again. Side note: cute flats get diminished by socks. They are not made for socks, maybe tights, but not socks. I dont want to ruin the look by wearing geeky thick socks or business socks so I suffer through the cold. We met Jake, Caitlin, and her sister in Boulder for dinner. It was nice to meet for dinner but the 45 minute drive back (it's only 10 miles) was a bit nerve racking.
Sunday was another super productive day. We went into Boulder again (the snow had melted on the roads by then) and got our skis for the season. I was all excited until I tried to show Brent how to bend his knees to test out the boots and he kept doing weight room squats. Right then and there I decided ski lessons were a FANTASTIC idea for our marriage. Neither of us got mad but no one was wiping out into a cold snow bank so it was easier to be patient. Make sure to stay tuned for the late November blogs.
The rest of the day we cleaned up the apartment and did laundry while Mattie watched and occasionally begged for kibbles. I have decided he has an awesome existence. He will never know what Windex is and that's pretty amazing if you ask me!
Got to pick Brent up from the bus stop at 6 today- we will see how the public transportation went!
I am soooooo happy that you FINALLY came to the realization that ski lessons will be FANTASTIC! Trying to teach a spouse to do something can be a bit nerve racking. Dad and I about divorced over country western dance lessons . . . we agreed it would be better to quit mid session! I still have two left feet and can't hear the beat but your dad loves me anyways!
ReplyDeleteSo how was day #1 of using Colorado Public Transportation? Not too bad I hope!! :) I agree with mom - glad y'all signed up for ski lessons! Sounds like you had a good weekend! Only 4 more school days until a week off! Hooray!! Love you!
ReplyDelete