On a different note, I have obviously been preoccupied with the holidays but have now realized there are tons of things I just took for granted. Like having others around to pry gift ideas out of, someone including me on a Christmas card, having stockings, etc. I realized that since this is Brent and my first Christmas as "adults," all of the festivities fall on me. Not that Brent will not help, I just dont think he really sees the need to analyze Christmas card designs in early (hey maybe I will give myself credit and say MID) November. So here's my predicament: we clearly have had a lot going on in our lives over the past year. I have loads of beautiful wedding photos not to mention pics from: our trip to DC, Brent's graduation, our honeymoon, the move, our first 14er, our first ski trip (coming soon), and all these combined equal about half as many pictures I also have of Mattie!
Now time for a "Inside Allison's Head" moment:
At first I was thinking I would take all of these pictures and make our cards. Then I thought, hum that's nuts. I barely have scissors and A gluestick in the apartment, how am I going to craft up 50 some odd cards? (Also taken for granted: a whole room in the house dedicated to creating stuff.) So then I thought, I will buy them. I liked a few from this site: http://www.minted.com/christmas-photo-cards but then thought I wanted something nice and not cheesy so it was going to cost a lot.
This one is nice and simple:

I liked this one minus the creepy kid:

So then I circled back around to making them but I am still wavering. I feel like making the cards is kind of urgent since I want to receive cards and the easiest way for people to get our new address is the return address label.
So that's what I've been thinking about lately. That and the fact that I just spilled my potato soup dangerously close to my keyboard and was frustrated that I couldn't lick it up at work- don't judge... good potato soup is like gold to me. Thank goodness for having extra napkins.
You crack me up about the soup!! :) That card website is cute! Any of those would work, or the one you put above where you get to pick four pics would be cute too! Make sure Mattie makes it on the Christmas card!! Hope your Photography Class went well! Can't wait to see what you cooked this week on Foodie Friday! Love you!
ReplyDelete