So here's my first go at the list:
Things I'm Lusting After Lately:
1. Martha Stewart Glittered Pumpkins- I have been thinking about fall decorations for a while but with the house decorated in black and blue, most of my things aren't coordinating with fall colors. I found these pumpkins and have wanted to make but haven't made it to a craft store to buy glitter. They seem easy enough and would look nice in a bowl on the dinner table. I would probably do a couple green/yellow so they look like fall!
2. Photography Classes- I have been looking for a hobby that will transfer to all the nutso seasons here and think I am going to take a photography class. There is one through Boulder County that I can use our little point and shoot. It's a four week course starting mid November. The only caveot is that I have to change my drivers license to our address. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my Texas license but it might be time.
I will not even begin to write what else I am lusting after in this category! (cough... Nikon D3000...cough cough) I read some blogs with great photos and if I like my class maybe it's worth making a future Lust List.
3. Chuy's Queso and Creamy Jalapeno- I like lots of things about Colorado but I don't like that they don't have classic Tex-Mex. How I miss the cheesy goodness that is queso and nothing taste better than two classic Texas ingredients mixed: Ranch and Jalapenos. Ugh, I'm salivating trying to just google a picture. Lovely Chuy's, why don't you move north?

4. A couch without slipcovers- So I told Brent a while back that I think I will feel like we have finally arrived when we own a couch that doesn't smother you when you sit on it. I feel like I am always wrestling with the couch. I have tried thick fabric slip covers, streachy fitted slip covers, and now just want to die the 90s green couch (of course this isn't an option but after Mom painted Brent's Halloween pants, anything seems possible).
Such a cute idea for a weekly series!
ReplyDelete#1 - Super cute! Do you just glitter real pumpkins?
#2 - Sounds fun to take a photography class! Can't wait to see the pics that you take!
#3 - Too bad Chuy's doesn't do long distance to go orders! Could you make your own jalepeno ranch dip?
#4 - You crack me up! Some day you will get a couch with no slipcover! It took me until my 2nd year of working, but it eventually happened! :)
So fun to get 3 posts in the last two days! Keep of the blogging!! I like hearing what you are up to!
Love you! XOXOXOXO
I mean keep UP the blogging...not keep of...my fingers slipped!
ReplyDeleteP.S. - This post had no mention of Mattie...he is going to be sad!
Love your LUST list!
ReplyDelete#1 - seems easy enough to create! Go for it and let me know how they turn out.
#2 - Not sure I could give up being a TEXAN to learn to take pictures.
#3 - Try this see if it compares to Chuy's -
The Unauthorized Chuy's Creamy Jalapeño Dip
•16 oz. (or 24, it matters little) sour cream
•1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix powder
•1 handful cilantro leaves (more or less to taste)
•3/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices (more or less to taste)
Put the ingredients in a blender (or use a nifty hand blender) and blend until smooth. Eat immediately or, even better, chill for a few hours letting the flavors meld.
#4 - I think we still have the ugly pillows that go with your 90's couch if you want them. Not too sure how comfy fabric paint on the couch would be!
Can't wait to see what is on your LUST list next week!