I thought I would start with a post about Thanksgiving. We packed up the car including Mattie in his cat carrier and headed off towards the mountains. Only problem is that Matthew wasn't terribly happy to be in the carrier and he wanted me to pet him the whole time. I tried to give him love but being turned around the whole time wasn't great for my car sickness so he just wined most of the way. When we settled into our condo, we went scavenging to food. Unfortunately, most of the restaurants in town were closed so we decided on a BBQ place called Smokin' Moes. We thought it was only going to be a Thanksgiving buffet but lucky for us, they were serving their regular menu as well. After stuffing our face with some DELICIOUS sausage and beef, we rolled ourselves back to our rented condo to watch the Longhorns come out victorious!
Oh yes, the condo. It was quite possibly strait out of 1988. I fully expected a shrine to Barbara Bush somewhere on the wall. Decorations included: a poster of Colorado wildflowers across from a poster of Irish flags, several porcelin santas, two porcelin ducks (big porcelin theme), a couple of wall tapestries, and lots of mauve, baby blue, and cream. Overall the place worked great but I was still freaked out by the fully carpeted bathroom (I mean linoleum was really popular in the 70s right? You would think they would have jumped on that retro bandwagon.)
A few pictures of the ski bungalow:
Look closely for the ducks

The bedroom:

Wall Art



Mattie tuckered out from the drive up:
I think I'm going to cut the sleeves off an old sweater and thumb-tac it to the wall. This wall art is inspiring. :)
ReplyDelete