Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend with some awesome weather. Colorado weather is just as confusing as Texas. One week it's a blizzard, the next it's 75 and beautiful.

On Friday we partook in a bi-monthly ritual of frantically cleaning the house so we could have people over. (See all of you readers wondering about my new found domestic prowess. I am still messy therefore, I am still Allison. Messy is in my DNA :) It's like the pressure of having someone other than Brent, Mattie and myself see our place is the ONLY thing that ensures it gets cleaned. We don't have many visitors on the schedule from now until Christmas which was starting to concern me. Two months of non-cleaning could get out of control. Thank goodness Luke and Sarah came over before we all went to dinner. Dinner was nice and it was fun to have a relaxing Friday evening.

Saturday morning we went shopping for a suit for Brent. The one we got when he was playing football doesn't exactly fit anymore and events at the law school are starting to come up. We found a few at Nordstroms Rack but are going to go down to the bigger Rack in Denver to see what they have there. I must add in here that it was so painful for me to walk past the RACKS and RACKS (hence the name) of BEAUTIFUL Nordstroms shoes. They were all orphans and wanted to come home with me. Unfortunately we were stuck looking at men's dress shoes and suits. Shopping for guy's clothing is so boring and efficient. Two questions cover everything: "Brown or Black?" and "Does it fit?" I'm already plotting my return to the store all by my lonesome so I can wonder around the store for as long as I would like.

On Saturday afternoon Brent played paintball with Jake, Caleb- Jake's brother, and lots of other lawyers/law students. I went with Caitlin, her sister-in-law, and a few others to get pedicures. At first the guys had invited us to play paintball but after they arrived home with bruises, welts, and paint in their ears, I was glad they retracted the invite. Brent made it out fairly well but does have a few bruises on his legs. They were all talking like little boys when they got in (re-creating the shots and relishing in shooting each other) so I assume it was a VERY good time.

Yesterday we bummed around. I got a few Christmas decorations at Target (reference earlier post about being nuts about the holidays) and found a few more to include on this weeks Lust List!

I hope everyone is having a good Monday (an oxymoron no?)!

I will leave you with a cute picture I found on my camera from a while back:

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I bet your toes were glad to have a pedicure!! Good call on not going to paint ball. When I played in college, I had bruises for a week afterwards. It hurts!! What did you find at Target? I can't wait to see the lust list tomorrow! :) I e-mailed you a 30% off coupon to Gap, Old Navy, etc. so maybe you can find Brent some dress shirts or something from one of those places. The coupon is good for Thurs - Sun. I'm sure you could find yourself something too!! Love the picture of Brent and Mattie! Too cute! Hope the mountains are getting lots of snow for your Thanksgiving ski trip!! Can't wait to read the blog about that adventure! Love you!

    ReplyDelete