Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lust List

This week I am lusting after:

1. SNOW but not on Friday or Saturday- I would prefer that it would totally DUMP on the mountains today thus opening more runs. Tomorrow would be bad because we are driving up to Winter Park and Friday and Saturday would be annoying since we are just learning but today would be quite ideal!

2. A good Kitty who willingly gets in his "house" and travels well- So I can't remember if I mentioned we are taking the cat with us tomorrow. We figured it would cost a fortune to get a pet sitter over the holidays and most of our friends are going home so we are going to take Mattie with us. He will just stay in the condo and will hopefully wear his sweater. Trick is he is a total fraidy-cat and he gets so freaked out when he has to go in the car. I'm hoping we don't scar him to the point of him shedding like crazy like he did last time. I was hoping this time he would just ride in my lap *wishful thinking*


-The pink leash is a long story- could warrant a whole post of its own!

3. Walls that are my own- I am totally lusting after the ability to actually decorate- to create holes in the walls without worrying how much each little guy will cost. I would love to do something cool over our table like this:

But wait, that would be LOTS of holes (and in the ceiling at that). I fear that when we do finally get something that is our own, Brent and I will spend LOTS of time with puddy!

4. A holiday decor idea for where the mirrors usually are- So after getting a jump start on my decorating (next post will have pics), I am still missing ideas for a few spaces. One of the most notable is the wall that usually has all of our colored mirrors. They are shades of blue which is usually calming and beautiful but now that everything is red and green, they look a bit out of place. I took them down last night but dont want to take down all of the little command strips that are still on the wall so I need an idea that would cover them. I'm totally at a loss. Any ideas?
Sorry for the bad picture. Brent took it in October when my mom, sister, Mattie and I were all napping so I had to crop us out!

The best ideas thus far:

from http://vivafullhouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/tutorial-for-paper-sunburst-mirror.html

I would probably use green and red paper but you might still see all of the little tabs in between the rays.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up taking down the mirrors because they aren't festive enough! Why don't you just get some more mirrors and paint them different shades of red and green?? Although, the big paper sunbursts are cute too!

    ReplyDelete